Find a Pro in Hayes, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are important when picking the exterior paint color for your home?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost how your home looks with help from a trained and experienced contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should go with the overarching look you're going for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish tones that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and experience to perform the job to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the job as adeptly as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should hire a contractor to do it all. With their superior approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional painters are equipped with the training, tools, and techniques to perform the job with exceptional workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look great for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to begin working on, so using power washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
What's the price associated with painting the exterior of a residential property?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and give you an accurate estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Services in Hayes, LA
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Hayes, LA. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a professional with the training and experience to offer high-quality services. You can improve your property's aesthetic with a new pop of color that simultaneously provides a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements. By hiring a painter to handle the job, you're ensuring the work will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can quickly browse for painters, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to find the most qualified contractor for the job in their area. You can even send direct messages, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one place.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful recommendations and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Painting can boost your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals prepared to begin the project and deliver excellent workmanship. Get exceptional results by using our app and get in touch with an experienced painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.