Find a Pro in Homer, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are critical when choosing the exterior paint color for your property?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the best choice. It's relatively affordable to boost the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the overarching design you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant tones that have the tendency to give you a serene feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more comfortable and content.
Why should you retain the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a better result than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you have the materials and skills to carry out the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painting professional to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a painter to carry it out. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's done with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and techniques to perform the project with excellent workmanship. Remarkable workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a sleek finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stay.
What's the price related to painting the exterior of a residential property?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you a free estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies Near Homer, Louisiana
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Homer, Louisiana. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the skills and background to offer excellent services. You can update your home's design with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements. By recruiting a professional to carry out the project, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can efficiently search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their level of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our free platform. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to pick the most qualified professional for the project near them. Additionally, you can direct message professionals, request an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can provide you with helpful recommendations and help you come up with an attractive color arrangement. Painting can increase your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local professionals ready to begin the project and carry out outstanding work. Get exceptional results by using our app and reach out to an experienced exterior painting contractor to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.