Find a Cabinet Painter in Jonesboro, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Louisiana // Jonesboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I limited by the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for home walls will encounter some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their modern look. Typical wall paints may not adhere sufficiently to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
Is it difficult to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the best one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to focus on is by understanding precisely what look you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their prior work aligning with your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Ensure that any professional you consider gives documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project has started that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients available online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is it really crucial to prime and sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be tempting to quickly start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
Will it be expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that affect the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Jonesboro, LA, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors might bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Jonesboro, LA Who Can Bring Your Vision to Life
A smart way to enhance the value of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and deliver an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Jonesboro, LA varies, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Find all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Jonesboro, LA confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.