Find a pro in La Place, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in La Place, Louisiana
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in La Place, Louisiana. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.