Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lawtell, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets rather than purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy project to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly can cabinets be refinished
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Lawtell, Louisiana have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Employ a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Lawtell, Louisiana
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Lawtell, Louisiana have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lawtell, Louisiana confidently.