Find a Cabinet Painter in Lecompte, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Louisiana // Lecompte
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I limited to the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their modern aesthetic. Common wall paints may not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors choose for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
Is it simple to find a good cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of work. The first place to focus on is by understanding precisely what style you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you hire provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project commences that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by checking any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the tedious prep stage necessary when painting all cabinets?
It's always tempting to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Lecompte, LA, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Lecompte, LA to Bring Your Vision to Reality
A quick way to boost the value of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Lecompte, LA varies, but many homeowners have reported spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Find all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Lecompte, LA easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.