Find a pro in Lottie, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Lottie, Louisiana
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lottie, Louisiana. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lottie, Louisiana. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.