Find a Cabinet Painter in Maringouin, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which kind of paint is used with cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that elegant aesthetic. Common wall paints may not stick properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer drying and curing times than those usually applied to walls.
Which qualities do I look for in a professional cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to focus on is by understanding precisely what look you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate largely. Make sure that any professional you hire provides documentation of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for any surprises to pop up after the project begins that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by assessing any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the tedious prep step necessary before painting all cabinets?
It's may be tempting to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How can you estimate the cost of cabinet painting?
There are several things that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Maringouin, LA, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's advised to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll want to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Kitchen for Less With a Professional Cabinet Painter Near Maringouin, LA
A smart way to increase the value of your house and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your current tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter in Maringouin, LA varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be willing to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Find all the information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Maringouin, LA confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.