Find a pro in Metairie, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Metairie
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Metairie, LA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Metairie, LA. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.