Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Metairie, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment for the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Metairie, LA have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Should I be on the hunt for any particular certifications or qualifications when choosing a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there aren't industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for results that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and dependability with online client reviews.
A reliable expert will provide a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have good communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How do professionals refinish cabinets?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing task will adhere to an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are generally numerous steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first evaluated to ensure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, any gear will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, like scratches, dings, and similar blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing stage will be vital to imparting a professional outcome, and could need a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, any hardware can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished project meets your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the full work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that every refinishing process may vary based on factors such as the size of cabinets and the desired finish. Furthermore, professionals may perform detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate clearly with anyone you employ to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Metairie, LA
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Metairie, LA have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Metairie, LA confidently.