Find a pro in Natchitoches, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Natchitoches, Louisiana
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Natchitoches, Louisiana. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.