Find a Cabinet Painter in New Llano, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Louisiana // New Llano
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference with cabinet paint and wall paint?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint generally used for home walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of work. The best place to begin is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any contractor you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project commences that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's reputation by evaluating any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is it necessary to prime and sand cabinets before painting?
It's always enticing to quickly start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
How do I estimate the price for cabinet painting?
There are several things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In New Llano, LA, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near New Llano, LA to Bring Your Vision to Reality
A smart way to boost the value of your house and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around New Llano, LA varies, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets could be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to show you their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near New Llano, LA confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.