Find a Pro in New Roads, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Will interior painting provide an adequate ROI?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A good paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when considering the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your house recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many residents are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted secures your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of materials that easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints currently are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your property. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over time. Getting your house's interior painted removes those cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
A major selling point to hiring within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
There are some evident things to keep an eye out for, like cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire expert painters.
Because every home is different, there is no set time to repaint, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. Most experts say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's highly advisable to try to find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What services fall under the scope of a house painter?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to find the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of this prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your painter might then suggest other reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Experienced Residential Painters Near Near New Roads, LA
When you require a reliable house painter near New Roads, LA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can boost your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also provides several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your home inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that organizes all the necessary information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in New Roads, LA and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.