Find a Pro in Palmetto, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the appropriate color for exterior paint?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's fairly affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when deciding on a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should complement the general look you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish tones that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
Why may it be beneficial to enlist the skills of an exterior painting professional?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a high-quality outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you have the tools and knowledge to perform the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up errors, homeowners can hire an exterior painting professional to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to a painter to execute it. With their superior practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and strategies to do the project with excellent workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking first steps that let the paint stay and look great for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a spotless area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint adhere.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and give you a free, upfront estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Find Exterior Painting Services Near Palmetto, Louisiana
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Palmetto, Louisiana. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the training and background to deliver high-quality services. You can upgrade your property's design with a new pop of color that simultaneously offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a professional to handle the project, you're ensuring the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly search for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting projects to get an understanding of their degree of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge app. It's convenient and easy to use for anyone to find the most qualified candidates for the project near them. You can even direct message professionals, request a quote, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver beneficial tips and help you come up with an elegant color scheme. Having a freshly painted home can boost your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and perform excellent workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and contacting an experienced exterior painter to handle every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.