Find a pro in Patterson, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Patterson, LA. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Patterson, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Patterson, LA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.