Find a pro in Pearl River, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Pearl River, Louisiana
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Pearl River, Louisiana. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Pearl River, Louisiana. Find the right contractor for your property right away.