Find a Cabinet Painter in Pierre Part, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I limited by the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Which features should I look for from a reliable cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of work. The first place to focus on is by knowing exactly what look you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project commences that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reputation by assessing any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Do I have to prime cabinets cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their components, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than expected.
Will it be costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Pierre Part, LA, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter will have to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll need to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Pierre Part, LA to Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to enhance the value of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will suit your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Pierre Part, LA varies, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the environment when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When looking for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Find all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Pierre Part, LA confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.