Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Roanoke, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy technique to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is this the same as refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and offers a distinctive effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested amount of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be repeated depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Roanoke, Louisiana have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Roanoke, Louisiana
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Roanoke, Louisiana have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Roanoke, Louisiana with confidence.