Find a Pro in Shreveport, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average expense for labor while painting the interior of a house?
The price to paint the inside of your home is dependant on the square footage of the room. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a big one.
On average, expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a local professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the house yourself or live in a region with low labor rates. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
At what intervals should I plan to paint the exterior of my home?
Cracked and chipped paint are some evident things to watch out for; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting can be a big job, so it's never a bad idea to hire expert painters.
Because every property is different, there is no set time to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for people. Most professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, depending on other variables such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, since having detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The variety of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its lifespan. It may be useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are examples of services I should expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of the prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they find things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your professional might then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a vetted painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the typical per hour charge for painters?
Typically, a painter's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Take into account that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist per hour. Accordingly, that price does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Discover a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Shreveport, LA
When you want a dependable house painter near Shreveport, LA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also features plenty of useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that compiles all the important information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Shreveport, LA and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.