Find a Pro in Slidell, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Louisiana // Slidell
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat affordable to improve the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should complement the overall design you're aiming for and the mood you want to form. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful tones that have the tendency to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more comfortable and content.
Why should you hire an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should hire a painter to do it all. With their high-quality process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's done with careful attention to detail and sticking to top standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, tools, and techniques to do the project with outstanding craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look beautiful for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a smooth varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
What's the cost related to painting the exterior of a residential property?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can mean higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and offer you an accurate quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Painting Services in Slidell, Louisiana
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Slidell, Louisiana. If your property needs some new paint, you can hire a professional with the training and background to deliver outstanding services. You can improve your home's curb appeal with a new pop of color that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By seeking out a contractor to handle the project, you're ensuring it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can quickly look for contractors, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at results from previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their level of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's convenient and easy to use for anyone to choose the most suitable candidates for the project near them. You can also send direct messages, receive a quote, and schedule an appointment all in one app.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painter who can give you useful tips and help you brainstorm a beautiful color combination. Having a newly painted home can increase your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local contractors ready to start the project and deliver outstanding craftsmanship. Get outstanding results by using our home management platform and reach out to a skilled professional to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.