Find a pro in Tallulah, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Tallulah, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Tallulah, LA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.