Find a pro in Vivian, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Vivian, LA. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Vivian
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Vivian, LA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Vivian, LA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.