Find a Cabinet Painter in West Monroe, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Louisiana // West Monroe
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What type of paint do you use on cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their elegant look. Common wall paints might not adhere adequately to cabinets and can start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors use for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those generally used on walls.
Is it simple to find an experienced cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the most suitable one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by knowing precisely what style you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their past work matching your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any professional you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project begins that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Can I simply paint over my kitchen cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach those places that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around West Monroe, Louisiana, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near West Monroe, Louisiana
A smart way to increase the value of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in West Monroe, Louisiana varies, but many homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets could be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be happy to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in West Monroe, Louisiana easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.