Find a Pro in Zachary, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What features should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the best choice. It's relatively affordable to boost the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when choosing a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should complement the general look you're aiming for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful tones that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
Why should you retain the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a superior result than you could attain by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you have the materials and knowledge to execute the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to execute it. With their high-quality process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the training, materials, and strategies to conduct the job with exceptional craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that help the paint adhere and look beautiful for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt offers you a clear area to begin working on, so using power washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint stay.
What's the cost associated with painting the exterior of a home?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can mean higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and offer you a free, upfront estimate for the costs you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Find Exterior Painting Services in Zachary, Louisiana
Begin looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Zachary, Louisiana. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a professional with the training and experience to provide excellent services. You can upgrade your property's appearance with new paint that simultaneously provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a professional to carry out the job, you're making sure it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can swiftly search for painters, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at results from previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Look through contractor profiles and easing your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for anyone to pick the most qualified candidates for the job near them. You can even direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and book a consultation all in one app.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with beneficial recommendations and help you brainstorm an elegant color combination. Having a freshly painted house can boost your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out outstanding workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our home management platform and contacting an experienced exterior painter to take care of the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.