Find a Cabinet Painter in Acushnet, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to renew the appearance of my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint usually used for home walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated appearance. Typical wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Make sure that any painter you consider gives written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to pop up once the project has started that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is it really crucial to prime and sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt and grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to the price for painting cabinets?
There are many factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Acushnet, Massachusetts, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll need to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Update Your Cabinets for Less With a Professional Cabinet Painter Near Acushnet, Massachusetts
A quick way to enhance the value of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Acushnet, Massachusetts varies, but many homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets might be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be happy to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Acushnet, Massachusetts easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.