Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Blandford, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of completely replacing them is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality results when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Where does cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and gives a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long do refinished cabinets last
One of the great benefits about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to installing new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Blandford, Massachusetts have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Place for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Blandford, Massachusetts Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several homeowners in Blandford, Massachusetts have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Blandford, Massachusetts confidently.