Find a pro in Bolton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Bolton, MA. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Bolton, MA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bolton, MA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.