Find a pro in Boxford, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // Boxford
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Boxford, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Boxford, Massachusetts. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.