Find a Cabinet Painter in Braintree, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Massachusetts // Braintree
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the look of my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that elegant appearance. Typical wall paints may not stick properly to cabinets or begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
How will I know I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what style you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their previous work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any professional you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project commences that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by assessing any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What is the average price for an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
There are several factors that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Braintree, MA, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Braintree, MA to Bring Your Vision to Life
A quick way to boost the value of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Braintree, MA varies, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you a history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Locate all important information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Braintree, MA easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.