Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Braintree, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Massachusetts // Braintree
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits can I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple way to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality results when you allow a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Braintree, Massachusetts have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Braintree, Massachusetts
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many people in Braintree, Massachusetts have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Braintree, Massachusetts with confidence.