Find a Pro in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Can interior painting provide a worthwhile return on investment?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A good paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering listing your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your interior recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you select, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint enables you to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your property. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: Most residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently have scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes most imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A new coat of paint applied by a vetted painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least busiest time of year for painting contractors?
A major selling point about booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
At what frequency should I schedule to paint the outside of my home?
There are some glaring signs to watch out for, like cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can create issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set timeframe for a new coat, since every house is different. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've just bought a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try to find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dried.
What are the services of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your painter could then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring an expert painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Professional House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Cambridge, Massachusetts
When you require a reliable house painter near Cambridge, Massachusetts, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house works to boost your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also gives plenty of practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that collects all the necessary information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Cambridge, Massachusetts and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.