Find a pro in Dighton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Dighton, MA. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // Dighton
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Dighton, MA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Dighton, MA, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.