Find a Pro in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are important when picking the exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when picking a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should complement the overarching design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
Why should you hire an exterior painting professional?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will normally provide you with a high-quality result than you could attain by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and knowledge to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should hire a painter to execute it. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, materials, and techniques to do the job with outstanding craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that let the paint stick and look amazing for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a smooth finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stay.
Can you provide an estimate of the price involved in exterior painting?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can mean high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and provide you with a free estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Contractors in Dorchester, MA
Begin browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Dorchester, MA. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the skills and background to deliver outstanding services. You can update your home's appearance with a new pop of color that provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage simultaneously. By hiring a professional to handle the job, you're making sure it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our full-scope home management app, you can swiftly search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can see results from previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our no-charge platform. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to choose the best professional for the job in their area. In addition, you can direct message professionals, receive an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one app.
Review the project details with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with beneficial recommendations and help you decide on an attractive color combination. Painting projects can raise your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from many local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding work. Get an excellent finished product by using our home management platform and contacting a skilled professional to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.