Find a Pro in Erving, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What considerations are essential when choosing the exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should complement the overarching aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to create. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant hues that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that's distinctive from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more pleasant and content.
Why may it be beneficial to recruit the expertise of an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will normally offer you a high-quality result than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and skills to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to a painter to execute it. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
What steps need to be taken to prepare a residential property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it's done with close attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, tools, and strategies to perform the job with exceptional craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt gives you a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a smooth finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to adhere.
Can you provide an estimate of the price involved in painting the exterior of a house?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how skilled your painter is because it can mean higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Find Exterior Painting Contractors Near Erving, Massachusetts
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Erving, Massachusetts. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the skills and experience to deliver excellent services. You can improve your property's curb appeal with a new pop of color that also offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements. By recruiting a contractor to handle the job, you're making sure the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently search for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to get a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to select the most qualified professional for the job in their area. Additionally, you can direct message contractors, request an estimate, and book an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with useful tips and help you decide on an elegant color arrangement. Having a newly painted house can raise your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local contractors prepared to begin the project and perform exceptional craftsmanship. Get outstanding results by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled professional to handle every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.