Find a Pro in Erving, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all will a house painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages must be addressed before the project can commence, of course. Your service might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: The best painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring a professional painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical hourly rate for painters?
Normally, a painter's cost of labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. That's only for the work being done. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
What are the advantages of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you pick, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components which easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint is designed to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often show dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Getting your home's interior painted hides most imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the period of minimum business for painters?
A major selling point to scheduling within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Expert Home Painters Serving in Erving, MA
When you're searching for a good residential painter in Erving, MA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also gives several practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a host of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that organizes all the necessary information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Erving, MA and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.