Find a Pro in Florence, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much will expert painters charge by the hour?
Normally, a painter's cost of services ranges between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Remember that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Is investing in interior painting a smart decision?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you choose, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of materials that easily retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect option for your household. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: All houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently feature scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over time. Getting your house's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
During what time of the year are painters typically less occupied?
A major selling point about booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What will it typically cost for labor to paint the inside of a house?
The price to paint the inside of your house is dependant on the square footage of the area. One 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than the entire house, especially a big home.
You should expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a local professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the space yourself or reside in a location with low labor rates. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Discover an Experienced House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Florence, MA
When you're searching for a reliable residential painter in Florence, MA, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can improve your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also brings many useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that organizes all the important information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of professional painters in Florence, MA and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.