Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Hanover, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Massachusetts // Hanover
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy technique to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of refacing cabinets - is this similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and gives a distinctive effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Hanover, MA have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Platform for All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Hanover, MA Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Hanover, MA have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Hanover, MA with confidence.