Find a pro in Hatfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Hatfield, MA
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hatfield, MA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.