Find a pro in Heath, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Heath, Massachusetts. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Heath, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Heath, Massachusetts. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Heath, Massachusetts. Find the right contractor for your property today.