Find a pro in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Jamaica Plain, MA. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Jamaica Plain, MA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Jamaica Plain, MA. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Jamaica Plain, MA. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.