Find a Pro in Lawrence, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Massachusetts // Lawrence
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A great paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It will also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you select, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted secures your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of materials that easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health risks. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints these days are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best option for your property. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates all imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about booking during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
At what intervals should I arrange to paint the outside of my home?
Chipped and cracked paint are some glaring things to watch out for; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to book professional painters.
Since every home differs from one another, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try to find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its lifespan. It could be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dried.
What are the services I can expect my professional painting contractor to give?
Examples of the services an expert painter generally conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle this prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing a professional painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Professional Residential Painters Near in Lawrence, MA
When you require a good residential painter in Lawrence, MA, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also features many useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that compiles all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Lawrence, MA and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.