Find a pro in Leeds, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Leeds, Massachusetts. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Leeds, Massachusetts
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Leeds, Massachusetts. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.