Find a pro in Leominster, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Leominster, MA
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Leominster, MA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.