Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lunenburg, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Massachusetts // Lunenburg
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets instead of buy new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and easy project to change their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is that similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the suggested interval between refinishing cabinets
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When will cabinet refinishing be the best option for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Lunenburg, MA have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
One Site With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Lunenburg, MA With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Lunenburg, MA have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lunenburg, MA with confidence.