Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Marshfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some perks of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a smart way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other great advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy project to change their look versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is this the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and offers a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years can cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the best advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Marshfield, MA have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Marshfield, MA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in Marshfield, MA have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Marshfield, MA with confidence.