Find a Pro in Methuen, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to boost how your home looks with assistance from a trained and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when selecting a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should complement the overall design you're aiming for and the mood you want to create. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are tasteful hues that have the tendency to give you a serene feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a pop of color that stands out from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
In what ways can recruiting an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and knowledge to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can turn to an exterior painting professional to perform the project as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to a painter to do it all. With their high-quality process and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it is carried out with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and methods to perform the project with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking precautions that help the paint stay and look great for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to work with, so using power washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a smooth result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stick.
How costly is it to undertake an exterior painting project for a home?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can add to the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can result in high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with a free quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Services in Methuen, MA
Begin your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Methuen, MA. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a professional with the qualifications and experience to offer excellent services. You can update your property's design with new paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By hiring a professional to handle the project, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can swiftly browse for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can see results from previous exterior painting projects to get a solid idea of what they can provide. Look through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to find the most suitable candidates for the project in their area. In addition, you can direct message professionals, receive an estimate, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painter who can give you useful recommendations and help you come up with an attractive color arrangement. Painting projects can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and perform outstanding work. Get an exceptional finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled exterior painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with careful attention to detail.