Find a Pro in New Town, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services of a house painter?
Some of the services a vetted painter usually conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring a professional painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common hourly price for painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's cost of services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Can interior painting provide a good return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of components that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your home. A fresh application of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers all cosmetic issues and can make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your home.
When will painters see the slowest business demand?
A major benefit to booking during the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Experienced House Painters in Near New Town, Massachusetts
When you want a reliable house painter near New Town, Massachusetts, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also brings plenty of practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your home inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that organizes all the important information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in New Town, Massachusetts and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.