Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Norfolk, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Massachusetts // Norfolk
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing versus installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and hassle-free method to update their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is that similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly should cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Norfolk, Massachusetts have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Find a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Norfolk, Massachusetts
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Norfolk, Massachusetts have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Norfolk, Massachusetts with confidence.