Find a pro in North Reading, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // North Reading
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near North Reading, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in North Reading, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.