Find a pro in North Truro, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Massachusetts // North Truro
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near North Truro, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in North Truro, Massachusetts. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.